Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chicken Alfredo

One of my favorite places to go eat at is the Olive Garden. I usually think "I should try something new" but I always end up getting the chicken alfredo because I LOVE IT! After several attempts of making my own perfect alfredo sauce this is the one I will make from now on and it's so easy. However, I will not make it often because it's pretty darn fattening. But I'm sure the Olive Garden's is too. One tip that I've finally figured out that is essential to making good alfredo sauce is using a good quality parmesan cheese. The parmesan blend from Walmart never turned out good. I like to cook broccoli and add it as a vegetable side. Enjoy!
Chicken Alfredo
by Chelsey W.

1/2 cup REAL butter (no alternatives)
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup milk (not skim)
2-3 cups grated parmesan cheese
(use good quality parmesan, freshly grated is best because it melts better)
1 lb. fettucine or penne pasta
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder (I usually use more to taste)
3-4 chicken breasts

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook chicken breasts and season how desired. (I cut chicken into bite size pieces) To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and whisk in flour. Add the cream and heat through. Add in the parmesan cheese and stir mixture over low heat until cheese melts. Don't let the cheese sauce boil it causes it to go grainy. Put in the seasonings. When seasoning I do it to taste sometimes I add in more garlic or cheese. Serve the sauce over the pasta and top with the chicken. Yum! Makes about 6 servings.
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment