Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies

When I make cookies these are the ones I make 90 percent of the time. They are quick, easy and very good. They have a rich flavor because of the cake mix and in my opinion have the perfect cookie texture. They can be a lot of fun because you can mix and match different cake mixes with different chips. I've made them a lot with different variations, but my very favorite and what I recommend for the first time is using a "golden vanilla" cake mix and good chocolate chips like Guittard or Ghirardelli. I got this recipe from my friend Aubree's sister who made them for us in college. My roomates and I devoured them quickly and after that we had a lot of fun mixing different chips and cake mixes.

Recipe:
1 cake mix
1/4 c flour
1/2 c oil
1/4 c water
1 egg
baking chips, any flavor

Mix together all ingredients with a spoon until lumps are gone. Fold in the baking chips last. Drop spoonfuls of dough on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until slightly golden brown on the edges.
Print

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this recipe! I was always daunted to make choc chip cookies because i would have to drag out mixer, oil, sugar, etc. this seemed too easy to believe...and no mixer! I tried these today and my grandson labeled them delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these today..so easy! Especially happy that I didn't need to drag out the mixer! They are delicious!

    ReplyDelete