Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Homemade Freezer Jam




Every year I make homemade freezer jam for my family. Since I have two little boys we go through PB&J sandwiches like crazy. So I usually make a few batches of strawberry and raspberry. This year I tried peach since I had a bushel of fresh peaches but you have to add lemon juice to it and I didn't care for how the lemon juice changed the fresh peach flavor. This isn't a recipe because basically all you do is buy boxes of fruit pectin at the grocery store and follow the directions on the box. Typically all you need is fruit, sugar, jars, and pectin. It is so easy to make and sooo much better than the boughten stuff. I won't even eat store boughten jams anymore. You can be creative with your fruit flavors and even do combinations of fruits that go well together. Give homemade jam a try. You'll be surprised how easy it is and you'll love the flavor. It's nice to make low sugar versions too.
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment