Thursday, September 17, 2009

French Toast


This is an easy french toast recipe that I got from my sister-in-law Kelli. I know you don't really need a recipe for french toast but I like this one because of all the spices in it. You can use the thick texas toast if you'd like but I always just use whatever bread I have around that needs to be used up.

Recipe:
4 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
8 slices of bread

Beat the eggs and milk with a fork. I like to use a pie plate. Then add vanilla and spices. Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and allow excess to drip off. Put bread on a heated griddle buttered or sprayed with nonstick spray. After one side browns flip it over to the other side. Serve with butter, syrup, or powdered sugar.
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment