Sunday, July 12, 2009

Quick Brownies




These are the brownies that I made often as a teen because they are an easy no fail recipe. They are thick and I like the texture of them. The frosting in the picture is a recipe I decided to try off of the back of the Hershey's cocoa container. It was basically the same recipe that I usually use for chocolate frosting but it had double the amount of cocoa in them than what I usually use. I didn't like the frosting it was way to rich and I couldn't taste the brownie. So below I'm posting my regular recipe for chocolate frosting that I like better.

Recipe:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla * Use Mexican vanilla if you can, it is great in these
1 c margarine
6 Tbsp cocoa
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder

Combine first five ingredients with a mixer and then add last two. Mix until smooth and then bake in a greased 9x13 cake pan for 25-30 min. @350 degrees. Cool then frost with chocolate frosting.

Chocolate Frosting
Recipe:
1/2 c margarine or butter, softened
1/3 c cocoa
3 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whip until creamy.

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment