Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ham Fried Rice

I'm a Chinese food lover and always get ham fried rice with my meal. Often I'm disappointed by the lack of flavor in many restaurants fried rice. I like food to be well seasoned and full of flavor. Fried rice is really easy to make and you can add whatever veggies you like to it, and make it to suite your own taste. I don't have exact measurements for this recipe. You just have to play with it until its what you like.

Ham Fried Rice
by Chelsey W.

white rice
eggs
onion
celery
butter or margarine
ham, fully cooked
soy sauce
Lawry's seasoning salt
pepper
*other optional veggies such as peas or carrots

Cook the rice and set aside. (I cook about 3 cups of uncooked rice) In a large skillet or electric frying pan scramble the eggs. (I scramble about 6 eggs) Remove eggs from pan and set aside. Chop up veggies into small pieces and saute them in a little butter or margarine until tender. (I use about 1 cup of celery and 1 cup of onion) Add chopped up pieces of ham to veggies in frying pan while they are cooking. Add cooked rice and scrambled eggs to veggies and ham in pan. Stir together and then drizzle soy sauce all over the rice. Add however much soy sauce you like. I add a lot. Season with the seasoning salt and a little pepper. Stir everything together to evenly coat rice and heat through.
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment