Monday, June 15, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice


This recipe came from Nicea on Good Things Utah. It is a family favorite of hers and she had so many viewers who liked it she made it a second time on the show. I decided I'd better try it. I made it according to her directions but felt it needed more flavor. So this is her recipe that I've altered a bit to fit my taste. The result was delicious! I recommend investing in a rice cooker if you don't have one. I bought a nice, big one at Costco and use it all the time. It makes rice perfectly, is easy to use and clean up.

Recipe:
3 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
6 scrambled eggs
2 carrots grated finely
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/2 c melted butter or margarine
2 tsp garlic powder
5-6 c cooked white rice
soy sauce
Lawry's seasoning salt

Put the chicken pieces in a ziploc bag then coat with soy sauce. Let the chicken marinade an hour in the fridge. If there's no time to marinade just add soy sauce while cooking chicken. Cook rice. In a very large frying pan or I like to use my electric frying pan cook chicken in a little olive oil. Add in carrots and onions and saute until soft. Push meat and veggies to the side and scramble the eggs. Add cooked rice and stir everything together. Pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle on garlic salt. Coat rice with more soy sauce. Stir then add seasoning salt to taste. Let the rice fry a little bit then serve.

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment