Friday, May 29, 2009

"The Best" Potato Salad


Living in Utah I attend a lot of potlucks and family get-togethers; so I've tried many versions of potato salad. To be honest I rarely like them. I greatly dislike biting into a chunk of raw onion and there always seems to be many mystery ingredients in them. This is a potato salad that I love. It has simple ingredients and great flavor. I get a lot of requests for this recipe and now I'm sharing it with you. Give it a try.

Recipe: (for a large salad)
Potatoes (I use a 5 lb bag)
12 eggs (lots of eggs make a great salad)
3 c Miracle Whip
1 T yellow mustard
1/2 c (about) sweet pickle juice
1/2 t celery salt
1/2 t onion salt
1/4 t pepper
optional: cucumbers, celery, green onions

Peel and cut potatoes into bite size chunks (they cook down a little). Boil until tender, easily pierced by a fork. Don't undercook potatoes but don't let them get mushy either. Drain and cool in the fridge. Hard boil the eggs and let cool. I make the dressing to taste adding more or less until I like it. I've tried to measure out my ingredients this time. For dressing water down Miracle Whip with sweet pickle juice until it's the consistency you want. Add in mustard and seasonings to taste. Slice the eggs, and chop up the optional ingredients. Stir together potatoes, dressing, eggs, and optional ingredients. Chill in fridge before serving. Can leave out a couple eggs to decorate the top or just sprinkle with paprika.

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment