Monday, March 30, 2009

Cheese Steak Sandwich


My husband and I love cheese steak sandwiches so I decided to make up my own version. They're very quick and easy to make and I love a simple supper!

Ingredients:
steak
minced garlic
soy sauce
green pepper
onion
salt
pepper
garlic powder
cheese (swiss, provolone, or mozzarella)
hoagie or ciabatta rolls

Make this recipe to your taste, there's no wrong way. This is what I did. I bought petite sirloin steak on sale for cheap. You can use whatever beef is on sale, steak or roasts. I then thinly sliced the steaks with my electric knife trying to get the meat as thin as possible, almost shaved (trim off the chunks of fat and discard). Since I was using a tough cut of meat I then put the steak in a ziploc bag and poured enough soy sauce in the bag to coat the meat. I put 2 tsp of minced garlic in the bag and let the meat marinade a couple hours to tenderize. When done marinading heat up a pan with a little olive oil and cook the steak. I seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and soy sauce. Then I threw in a green pepper and onion cut into thin strips, and cooked them with the steak until they turned tender. I cut my hoagie buns in half, buttered them and then broiled them in the oven until they turned light brown. I love buns for sandwiches served this way. I removed the steak from the heat and put slices of provolone cheese on the top and  let it melt. I then simply served the steak on the buns. It was very tasty, Yum! 



Print

No comments:

Post a Comment