Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pumpkin Bread Trifle


I think trifles are so much fun to make and look impressive. This one is easy to make and delicious. Who wouldn't want to dive into these layers of pumpkin, caramel, toffee, and brown-sugar whipped cream goodness...Yum!

Pumpkin Bread Trifle
by Chelsey W.

1 loaf of pumpkin bread (mine had chocolate chips in it)
1 package of toffee bits (found at store by the chocolate chips)
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 qt whipping cream
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Purchase a loaf of pumpkin bread or make your own. Cut loaf into cubes. Whip the whipping cream adding in the brown sugar and vanilla. Create trifle by layering ingredients. Start by placing half of the pumpkin bread cubes in the bottom of the trifle dish. Put the bread and other ingredients around the edge so the layers can be seen through the glass. Drizzle caramel sauce over the pumpkin bread. Next, sprinkle toffee bits over the bread and caramel. Spread a generous layer of the whipped topping over the pumpkin bread. Repeat all of the above for the second layer. Garnish with toffee bits. Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
Print

3 comments:

  1. All you have to say is pumpkin and I'm all for it. But the fact that this has toffee and caramel sauce in it too, well, where's my plate and spoon? I have a linky party every week on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this fantastic trifle up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You have really got my mind going- I am going to have fun creating a pumpkin trifle of my own. Ohhhh- I can't wait! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete