Friday, August 6, 2010

Banana Bread

Seriously, is there anything better than the smell of banana bread baking? Yum. This is definitely a favorite treat of mine. It's my moms recipe which probably means it came from my grandmother and it is delish, and actually quite easy to make. Whenever I have bananas that are overripe I freeze them and then when I collect enough for a few loaves I make banana bread or frosted banana bars.

Banana Bread
by Chelsey W.

Makes one loaf, recipe can be doubled or tripled for additional loaves:
1 c sugar
1/2 c butter or margarine, softened
3 large, very ripe bananas (mashed)
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Cream together the sugar and butter. Add the bananas, then eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl stir together the dry ingredients flour, soda, and baking powder. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don't over mix. Pour batter into a well greased medium sized loaf pan. Leave at least 1/2 inch space at the top. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Check after baking for an hour. Poke a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean if done. Let bread cool for 15 min. before turning it out of the loaf pan.
Print

1 comment:

  1. I have a bazillion bananas in my freezer. I think I'll try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete